The Department of Communication Design BA curriculum emphasizes accomplishment with conceptual, technical and collaborative skills. Ultimately these skills are the foundation of the student’s ability to tell an interesting and meaningful story about a service or product. BA graduates of the Department of Communication Design meet student performance standards within the following areas: design skills, communication skills, problem solving, conceptual thinking and professional readiness. Students will graduate with a competitive portfolio capable of acquiring a first job, and with the abilities needed to succeed at that job. Most of all, they will be focused and creative communicators capable of expressing themselves in traditional media and emerging advertising forms.
Department of Communication Design Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Department of Communication Design will demonstrate the ability to:
- Produce a body of work suitable for seeking professional opportunities in their chosen field of art and design.
- Solve creative problems within their field of art and design, including research and synthesis of technical, aesthetic, and conceptual knowledge.
- Communicate their ideas professionally and connect with their intended audience using visual, oral, and written presentation skills relevant to their field.
- Execute technical, aesthetic, and conceptual decisions based on an understanding of art and design principles.
- Evaluate work in their field, including their own work, using professional terminology.
- Recognize the influence of major cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on art and design products.
Learn the professional skills and behaviors necessary to compete in the global marketplace for art and design.
Details of Entry Requirements
Credit passes in Graphic Design, General Knowledge in Art and any othervisual Arts Elective Subject excluding Leatherwork, Basketry and Bead making.
‘A’ Level Applicants
FIVE (5) credits at O’Level including: English Language, Art, and Mathematics, plus at least TWO passes at A’Level including Art. Preference would be given to applicants with THREE (3) passes at the A’Level with grade A or B in Art.
Applicants must have attained the age of 25 years at the time of submitting the Application with at least THREE (3) years working experience.
FIVE (5) Credits at O’ Level Subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Art. OR
Credit passes in General knowledge in Art, Graphic Design and any other Visual Arts Elective Subjects excluding Leatherwork, Basketry and Bead Making.
Mature Applicants must also pass an interview and a practical examination.