Physician Assistantship is prestigious. It is your dream degree and you should be proud you earned it without blemish. Health degrees globally are considered superior because of the discipline attached to it. They offer a better opportunity of certainty and higher quality of life. The Physician Assistantship Degree is a part one degree for full medicine. The part two is a two-year Post-qualification Bachelor of Surgery leading to full medical profesional recognision. The Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistantship follows a three track pathway with a career development opportunity leading to a full medical degree for graduates following the four year program with at least a second class upper and three years post graduation experience. options exist for postgraduate specialisations.
Alpha is a specialist medical and research based university. We pride ourselves in being focused and driven by excellence in healthcare. Alpha offers you a higher value proposition by equipping you with a:
- Complex set of health skills and knowledge gained from a higher level of effective interaction within a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- Set of competencies that greatly enhances your ability and prepare you early in your career as a health professional to pursue more challenging roles and provide a platform for a better career enhancement.
- Research based approach that offer unique opportunities, providing updates in specialized clinical areas, systems and management while adding a highly relevant specific national and international health focus.
- Discipline in both work ethics and personal conduct, recognising that a sense of justice and fairness is essential to self development process.
- Awareness and recognition that the promotion of a positive self image is key to professional development and success.
Entry Requirements for Physician Assistanship
- Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (SSSCE): with an aggregate score of twenty-four (24) or better in six (6) subjects comprising: A – D in all three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and at least passes i.e. (A – D) in three (3) elective subjects in Science.
- West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examination (WASSCE): with an aggregate score of 36 or better in six (6) subjects comprising: A1 – C6 in all three (3) core subjects i.e. English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and at least passes in three (3) elective subjects in Science.
- Foreign Students Requirements: foreign students must have their result slips translated into English. In addition, applicants must be able to speak and write in English.
- Other Entry Qualiﬁcations for Admissions: Candidates with the Diploma In Registered Nursing (RN) from recognized institutions may apply. Such candidates may transfer credits from their previous course of studies, with appropriate recommendations and references. Applicants with State Registered Nurses’ (SRN) qualiﬁcation from recognized health institutions and with a minimum of 3 years of practice.
All applicants to the School of Applied Sciences will be interviewed.